Restyled wagon Subaru Outback debuted in April 2017 at the annual New York Motor Show. It is worth noting that the changes compared to the previous generation are insignificant, but in general the car has become a little more stylish and modern, and also received some innovations in technical equipment.
Update of Outback followed the presentation of the sixth generation of the subplatform sedan Subaru Legacy, presented in February this year in Chicago. Following the sedan, the wagon received a stylish modern appearance, made in the style of the latest novelties of the manufacturer.
One of the main differences of the body from the previous generation is modernized headlights, in expensive versions equipped with the automatic change of direction of the light stream with steering rotation. In addition, Outback in the 6th generation received a modified grille, front and rear bumper shape, parking lights, design of wheel disks.
The external sizes, as well as the shape and proportions of the body are left unchanged.
The car boasts excellent cross-country ability, roomy interior and great possibilities for carrying luggage.
Changes in the interior design of the car can not be called significant, but it received some new modern details that making it stand out from the previous generation.
One of such details is the updated steering wheel of the car. It received a new form, as in the previous version, the steering wheel is supplemented with controls for the audio system and cruise control.
In addition, the new Outback is equipped with a modernized infotainment system with a display diagonal of 6.5 or 8 inches, depending on the configuration. The climate control control unit has also been updated.
Perhaps several options for combinations of materials and color schemes for the interior of the car, one of which-Titanium Gray – is completely new.
Most likely, the novelty will be presented in the same complete sets, as in the previous generation, but with the addition of some new options. The list of basic and additional equipment for various wagon complete sets includes:
– Security Complex Eye Sight, providing full control of the traffic situation. Thanks to the presence of this system, Subaru Outback became one of the best in the class in terms of safety performance;
– Function of emergency braking in emergency situations;
– Intelligent cruise control system;
– Warning system on crossing the line markings;
– Monitoring of objects located in blind zones;
– Infotainment system with touch and voice control in different languages, navigation, synchronization with mobile phone, rear view camera, high quality of sound reproduction, etc .;
– Automatic activation and deactivation of the main beam headlights.
The beginning of sales of the updated off-road universal Subaru Outback is planned for the summer of 2017. The cost of the novelty with a 2.5-liter engine will be 25.8 thousand dollars, which is slightly higher than the price of the current car.