The official premiere of the updated SUV Ssang Yong Rexton G4 took place on 03/30/2017 in Seoul. The car is claimed by the manufacturer as a revolutionary model.
The G4 index means 4 revolutions that affect the following vehicle parameters:
- Passing ability;
- Technological effectiveness.
The appearance of the crossover Rexton G4, which replaced the previous model with the W index in the name, can indeed be called revolutionary. Externally, the serial Rexton almost completely copies the concept model LIV-2, presented at the Paris Motor Show 2016. The difference is only in the shape of bumpers and radiator grilles, as well as the design of light alloy wheels. In other respects, the stylish appearance of the concept is embodied in the serial version of the new Rexton.
The front part of the car body is characterized by a stylish radiator grille, decorated with a chrome strip, LED headlights of complex shape and a powerful relief bumper.
Silhouette of the body demonstrates truly off-road proportions and imposing dimensions. There are plastic pads that reliably protect the paintwork from chipping on the perimeter of the lower part of the body.
The car has a spacious seven-seater cabin with premium quality of finishing materials and a high level of technical equipment. In expensive versions, the interior of the crossover has a seat trim made of genuine leather and inserts made of wood.
Rexton received an updated dashboard with analog dials and a wide color display of the trip computer, as well as a compact multifunction steering wheel.
On the center console is a touch screen of the multimedia system with a diagonal of more than 9 inches, as well as a convenient unit of climate settings and other controls.
The basic equipment of the car offers a rich set of options, including:
– Nine airbags;
– The head unit with a touchscreen of 9.2 inches, support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and many other additional options;
– Emergency braking function with recognition of obstacles and pedestrians on the road;
– Intelligent cruise control;
– Automatic control when driving in traffic jams;
– The system of confinement in the line;
– Control of blind areas in exterior mirrors;
– Circular chambers system;
– Heated seats of first and second rows;
– Electric position adjustment and ventilation of the front seats;
– Electric tailgate and non-contact opening function.
It will be possible to buy a revolutionary novelty in South Korea in May of this year. A little later the car will be on sale in European countries, the exact date of the beginning of sales has not been reported yet.
The estimated cost of a large SUV with a seven-seater cabin will be 35 thousand Euros and above, depending on the level of equipment.