Peugeot 308 Sedan 2016-2017 – presented in Beijing
Most recently, the auto show in Beijing hosted the public presentation of a prototype of the production model of the new Peugeot 308 sedan of the latest generation 2016-2017. A month has passed and manufacturer granted a free access to all the technical parameters of the production model, package options, as well as the preliminary cost.
Design of the new sedan is rather stylish, and keeps up with modern times. Body formed by a concise lines, strong wheel arches, roof, which is shaped like a dome, a decent feed and trendy, modern lighting.
Front headlights of head optics have a complex shape, and LED DRLs (optionally available Full LED optics), rear parking lights also stuffed with LED and have a cool picture.
Interior of the sedan is inherited from a hatchback with the same platform. The instrument panel is placed originally, as well as the screen of multimedia system. The center console has a minimum of buttons.
In general, the atmosphere created is quite harmonious. It is noteworthy that even basic package of the new sedan will have rear-view mirrors with heating, which are also electrically driven, electrically driven are also power windows, central locking with remote control function, the instrument panel has a modern style and features a color display of route computer, audio system will be presented by six speakers (Bluetooth, CD Player, Radio, USB, MP3, AUX), AC and front airbags are available, as well as the essential systems BA, EBD, ESP, ABS and HAS, light alloy wheels of sixteen inches.
The top packages besides the standard features will have:
- The head optics with all-LED headlights,
- The rear-view mirrors which can be folded automatically,
- The panoramic roof and hatch,
- The possibility of access to the vehicle without a key and start moving with the button,
- The cruise control system,
- The two-zone climate control,
- Multi steering wheel,
- Leather seats,
- More modern multimedia system with a color display, touch screen, with dimensions of 97 inches (navigation system, a telephone, a rearview camera, music)
- The motor drive driver’s seat with massage function,
- The parking sensors,
- Lateral airbags,
- As well as the BLIS system, ParkingAssist and SpeedingAlarm.
There’s no sense to say a lot on the technical side of the new sedan. Suspension of the front wheels is completely independent, with small McPherson stands, and the rear – semidependent (torsion beam). Brakes are disc. There is electric power steering. As for the motor line, there are two petrol engines in store for Peugeot 308:
– THP turbocharged engine, whose volume is 1.2 liters, and power – 136 horses with 230 Nm. Working in tandem will be a five-speed manual gearbox or six-speed automatic (subject to equipment level);
– Atmospheric engine, which volume is 1.6 liters, and the power of 117 horsepower at 150 Nm. This unit will work in tandem with five-level mechanics.